Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Thursday 8 May 2014

                       Learning something new

I forgot to add learning something new to the list of things iI like to share.
I guess the list of things i'd like to share with you will grow and change but I would like to stick to some kind of order as you will soon see my mind flits about and all things interest me and I want to share it all........AT ONCE...

There is always room in our brain to learn something new , I for one love to learn , this blog for instance is something new I am learning ...instead of filling the wood basket . I do procrastinate.......

I live pretty much in my head so excuse me when I waft off or my posts become incongruent it is just part of who iI am.
Oh and if you are wondering about the iI bit you'll work that out soon enough.

Anyway as I was saying learning something new ....I need to learn how to get photos onto my blog quickly and from my ipad...maybe somewhere out there the answer lies  but till it reaches my receptors I will have to email myself photos and then upload.....
Another thing I forgot to put on my list was Music ......I can see the list will grow.

While I am on the topic of music I was in a cafe called the Corner Bakery on Crete in a town called Hania when I heard amazing jazz.
When I enquired , the owner ( a lovely man that liked to hover round me when I skyped, I invited him to say "Hello" to my family which he eagerly did) put me onto Radio swiss Jass http://www.radioswissjazz.ch/en.
 I do so enjoy it .....with candles glowing fire roaring and busy hands.




Starting the day with a healthy breakfast ......More to come on Coddled eggs including recipes ,history and pictures......

 'Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
 Lewis Carroll:



  Eva Cassidy  is singing Autumn Leaves as I look out the window....
 ...I love that song and right now at this point in time as I mourn the passing of my dearest friend I feel it is an appropriate song.........
So I ponder what to do first.
Its stopped raining and the air smells like nutmeg clove and walnut leaves.
I do so love Autumn .
There are still apples to harvest and juice for my Kombucha, there are still walnuts to pick up, Mulch to be made, peastraw to spread and artichokes to dig up and turn into soup ....so I best move ..... .
Every day since my darling friend passed away I get little nature treats and today I found the most perfect birds nest.
I will save the photos and birds nest story  for another blog  (of Nests and Queens) because there is much to be said about a humble little birds house so ...........

Onto things to be thankful for  ......Without further ado  the bouquet of the day goes to ........ my very clever neighbour for  her Ricotta Cheese...
Her recipe is so simple
Heat 4 litres of whole milk to 200f
Stir in 1 good teaspoon of citric acid
Leave to set then pour through a cheesecloth and there it is.
Quite amazing


My exercise today.... raking leaves....mowing and making mulch.

 The sound of leaves falling from our walnut tree is like listening to water tinkle down from a little stream its such a melodic sound.

Lots of lovely little pansy plants are popping up. I sprinkled a packet of mixed daisies in Summer and now they are lush large and shiny green I do hope I get flowers
.
The book of the day would have to be my latest find A Unicorn in the Garden, so on that note I have just made a yummy Earl Grey so will relax for 10 and read my book.
  
I never feel lonely if I've got a book - they're like old friends. Even if you're not reading them over and over again, you know they are there. And they're part of your history. They sort of tell a story about your journey through life.





Till next time enjoy a lovely life and don't forget to spot the beauty in everyday.

No comments :

Post a Comment