Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Friday 9 May 2014

........An apple a day keeps the Dr away......

There is an amazing apple tree that grows at the very end of the garden ,on the adjoining property ...we are allowed to harvest the apples , but ,the problem is, it is so hard to get to.

Over the years, the many many years, scrub and vines, blackberries and broom have made it virtually impossible to reach.


 An apple picker though certainly helps. Armed with bucket ,picker and me gummies, I go forth and harvest.



Warm sun and lovely Autumn colours make it fun....Those highest apples took some reaching. I clambered and climbed reached up and down ......



...... crisp to the bite, juice running down my arm ,pure white flesh and the lovely hum of bee's and the ever present pesky wasp.......






...... a good wee haul.....

..... and no less a good wee addition to porridge on those freezing winter mornings.........I feel quite satisfied with  this effort.


                and  ....The find of the day..........a lovely little silver sugar bowl. Minus one wee foot, I found it buried in the dirt and thickets covered with  wind blown apples.After scraping off the mud and giving it a wash in warm water I decided to use the trusty recipe...


...the old washing soda in a pot lined with aluminium foil and boiling water trick  ...dunk and watch it clean itself....

...It never fails to impress me I don't measure I just pour a bit of both in the pot 




  ....The find of the day in its true splendor.......I do wonder if it belonged to the family that lived in the little wooden cottage on the a joining land . All that remains evident of there having once been a home is the rambling sweetheart rose and the apple tree .I have found the odd fragment of Willow pattern blue and white china..Perhaps I could go fossicking one day. 





I love finding things Look at this poem I found by longfellow It was painted on the gate of a neighbouring property
  I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.


I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 





























I always enjoy making cards. It is something I once spend hours doing with my friend

I think we spent more time awwing and ahhing over lovely pictures and papers then we did creating but we did have such fun.
giggles.
 Lots of cups of tea  and lots of  complete and  nearly complete cards...........


Well friends thank you for being with me . 
 The sun has gone down ,the home fire is burning. 
It is time to light the candles, pour a steaming bowl of thick pumpkin and thyme soup. Then maybe it will be time to curl up in front of the fire ....and treat myself to a wee read of my book........
Stay well and think lovely kind thoughts till tomorrow.
.................and be happy out there..

No comments :

Post a Comment