Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Saturday 17 May 2014

                 .....Leave or Leaf.....


Decisions decisions....Will I go to the city today or wait till tomorrow.?
Yes, finally the time has come for this little overdue bundle of joy to get a little check up at the hospital  ( yes I know we have been meaning to go earlier but daughter No ! has herself procrastinated with very good reason) . I am to accompany my Daughter her Husband and her very dear friend and second Mum. (or is it her 3rd 4th or 5th she honestly has so many "Mums " in her life.)
The trouble with leaving is ....the leaves have piled up again, there is a swag of accounts to prepare for the 2oth of the month there are so many jobs i haven't finished and we have no idea when this little delight will arrive .
I could be in the city for a week.


There are many up sides though ....
I get to see my lovely Dad......
I can drive out to the sea and get a fix of the briny air and pick up little seaside treasures...
I can go harvest some sphagnum moss  for hanging baskets....
I can forget about the leaves for a while....





I can visit my friend and join in a Wednesday night Victoria meeting.....I have so enjoyed this new friendship which came about through losing a mutual darling friend.
Through our grief we have forged a lovely friendship.
My friend sent a  book swapbag she had lovingly made along with a notebook to keep record of our swaps. It is such a lovely thing to do. Our first swaps bought great delight.




I love the little Pot Pourri sachet . 
It is filled with lemon verbena.
Aloysia citrodora

..and as for the books  they are stunning. I especially love the Vintage Flowers.......





I got to last night and quickly whipped up two little glasses cases out of an old pillow case but they are  not finished ........dang and drat.............
So do I go or do I stay and finish them....




I think they can wait and be a nice little parcel in the mail to my friend........


I do so want to be with my daughter and my grandchildren ...the pull is too great .....
I would never forgive myself if I wasn't there to support her in this the most special time in her life ....
So dear followers I will send you all love and prosperity in all things and I will go get ready ........

For the Victoria meeting we need to bring two wee treasures.
I will share those at a later date because I want to surprise my friend.


I did find a treasure yesterday though.....
its an old Carltonware jam dish. 
It's been buried a long time so the dark staining will not come out even with bleach but I just love it...

The cheerful little flowers are so cute......

Don't forget to have a laugh today even if its just at yourself...........




No comments :

Post a Comment