Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Monday 19 May 2014

........Monday Monday but not Mundane....





Preparing for the 20th of the month is always a little tedious. Lots of data entry, checking columns .......banking....... reconciling and getting mail ...
It is a 35km round trip to do the banking and get the mail so I always try to include other chores or I treat myself to a visit with a friend.
Today was very special I did go to see a friend....but first I got a wonderful surprise when the courier delivered 2 huge boxes FOR ME.
The friend  I visited is a wonderful gardener in fact she would have the greenest thumb of any of my friends .
Her garden is a work of art .It includes an Orchard, an amazing Vegetable garden complete with an asparagus patch to die for, a grove of Hazelnuts a paradise garden, a  hot garden ( Hot Vibrant colours) a secret little walk through to a formal garden ... and the views are spectacular mountain Vista's panorama and   with every peek through trees or walkway there are little surprises like tiny seedling cyclamen or  foxgloves nestling in, waiting for spring or catkins blowing in the breeze.....It just goes on and on each breath taking garden more beautiful then the prior
She keeps the garden immaculate and  is 15 years older then I am.
We met when my daughter arranged singing lessons for me.
Instead of a pupil teacher relationship we quickly forged a lasting friendship based on mutual love of Music, script, gardening , books and the night sky....and of course we just liked each other.
Today my lovely friend gave me about 200 fritillaria bulbs that she had grown from the seeds she collected. 
I must say,  I am proud to say, I showed her how to collect them or at least pointed out during one of our strolls in the garden that the Fritz had great seed heads.
I told her  I had  once managed to sprout hundreds only to mistake the sprouts for grass and weeded them out.
Now she of course is  far wiser than I .A seed raising tray was used to raise her little baby Fritz...

The gift from a friend "little baby Fritz"....

that will grow into.......


Fritillaria  meleigris




It was extremely hard to concentrate on work today ...I doodled  while on business calls....
What was going on in my 

subconscious mind I wonder ...



I downloaded the latest  "Game of Thrones"  episode which I also now have on talking books thanks to my Son....




then watched it ...



At least my hands were busy while I watched




Ripped duvet covers knitted up into bath/ beach mats....


I felt so happy that my husband,   today of all days wanted to spoil me

The card  is one of those singing ones with some guy singing "she's a silver freak" .... It made me well up . The message inside is too personal to share but I felt very appreciated and loved ...............






and I kept getting up and playing with the gift my husband , who incidentally is my rock,
sent me .....
Remember those 2 big boxes that arrived this morning........


Again a day that could have been pretty so so turned into a magical warm fuzzy Melodic day..........
I will leave you with the quote in the little paperweight that I got from my darling friend that watches me from above....I think of her every day.........and in my heart I know she is smiling ...a  gentle smile.....

 I wish for all of you  a peaceful gentle smile. and don't forget to whistle, hum or sing  every now and then...


















No comments :

Post a Comment