Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Wednesday 23 September 2015

            Matilda and the new dress..

Returning home from Christchurch I happened upon a little retro Op shop selling all kinds of interesting and unusual wares..
I spotted a little dress that spoke to me of Spring and decided I would buy it for my little grand daughter Matilda.
Matilda believes in fairies and mermaids, our daughter and myself encourage her to imagine and stories read to her are often filled with little hedgehog laundress' or paddling puddling ducks or little mouse tailors or mermaids and fairies.....

I wasn't so keen on the doily stitched to the front of the dress but Matilda loved it. We found a little picture in the fabric of a fairies clothesline made from spider web and we decided it was the same thread that could easily have been used to make the little lace doily.

There were also all the little animals that are frequenting our gardens right at the minute.






and one of the best things about this little dress ... Matilda can spin really well ....


even with her shoes on the wrong feet...


Have you ever told your grandchild or a child that their shoes are on the wrong feet...and have you been told They are the only feet I've got?

The question is, are we happy to suppose that our grandchildren may never be able to see an elephant except in a picture book?
and I say the same about fairies........

No comments :

Post a Comment