Coddled Eggs

Coddled Eggs

Monday 30 May 2016

                                LAST DAY OF AUTUMN

Today is the last day of Autumn and I am painfully aware that I have hardly included any Autumnal posts.
Usually I would have collected amazing leaves by now and mushrooms and made some interesting recipes.
I haven't.
Instead I have been to Melbourne to my daughters inner city apartment and have had the time of my life in the big smoke.
I went to the Anzac parade, the opera, Lucia di Lammermoor and to the art galleries including an amazing fashion exhibition.
 I love Melbourne and long to return just to wander the city and take in all the innovative and creative  idea's  of its people.
I just love shopping with Nicole .That girl just loves my taste especially in afternoon tea's.





Believe it or not I didn't touch a single cake the entire time there.








































Nic took time off work to accompany me around the city and then also sat with me on the plane as she came home for some much needed R and R.


I love the view out of her bedroom window.

This busker freaked me out...spooky..

loved the street art..


and statues









It was wonderful to arrive home and pick pears apples and plums 


and collect the farm fresh milk 


and make some cheese...

We are so lucky to get farm fresh milk so making mozzarella is a breeze. 

I was lucky  to still have lots of sweet green grapes ready and little cherry tomatoes ....


It was also good to be back in my kitchen making some comfort foods from my fav recipes.


and lovely to receive some lovely books in the mail.
The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship. Amelia Earhart






No comments :

Post a Comment